How to Volunteer
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer you have to fill out the Volunteering forms.
The Diocese has established several measures to protect children, parishioners, volunteers, and seniors to create a safe environment:
All clergy, employees and volunteers serving the vulnerable must provide Vulnerable Sector Police Information checks. A defined process of interviews and reference checks help affirm a candidate for any position. (Only if working with children, youth, and seniors).
Screening guidelines can be accessed by the following link to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Calgary:
The following completed forms must be returned to Jolanta Krysiak,Parish Screening Coordinator. Access forms by using links below:
- Agreement to model code of conduct
STRENGTHENING OUR PARISH (catholicyyc.ca)
- Volunteer Information form only
Most Common Screening Documents – Google Drive
All clergy, employees and volunteers are required to complete the Praesidium’s online Sexual Abuse Prevention training modules through the Armatus system.
The purpose of the training is to ensure that as adults, we assume the responsibility and accountability for always keeping our children and vulnerable adults safe. The objectives of the training are:
- Gain an understanding of what child sexual abuse is
- Identify how molesters gain access to children
- Gain an understanding of the impact of child abuse on victims
- How to create a safe environment
- What to do if a child discloses abuse to you
We require all employees and volunteers in the Diocese to complete the following modules:
- Meet Sam
- It Happened to Me
- Keeping Your Church Safe
- Your Policies (review of the Diocese Agreement to the Model Code of Conduct)
Other modules that you may wish to review depending on your ministry (i.e. working with minors and/or vulnerable adults) and interest include:
- Duty to Report Mandated Reporter
- Social Media
- Preventing Elder Abuse and Neglect
- Preventing Abuse Against Adults with Disabilities
For registration, please contact your Parish Screening Coordinator:
Jolanta Krysiak at email@example.com
Link to training access with log in:
Armatus 2.0 (praesidiuminc.com)
Model Code of Conduct
This code of conduct creates the structure to develop and implement uniform guidelines for appropriate behaviour of all religious and lay persons involved in ministries and other activities.